A 30-inch LED aquarium light is perfectly fit for a 20 gallon long or 29 gallon fish tank, which commonly measure 30 inches long. There are so many kinds of LED aquarium lights manufactured for this tank size and you only need to choose the right one that meets your aquarium creatures’ needs. In this article, we will show you some short reviews of different LED aquarium lights for different types of aquariums (fish only, planted, coral,…)
- Beamswork DA FSPEC LED aquarium light 30-inch
- Nicrew LED aquarium light for fish-only tanks
- Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Plus Light
- Finnex Planted+ 24/7 v2 LED light 30-inch
- Finnex Stingray Aquarium LED Light
- Finnex FugeRay Planted+ Aquarium LED light
Beamswork DA FSPEC LED aquarium light 30-inch(5/5 by editor)Check on Amazon.com
- LEDs: 51 White 10000K, 16 Actinic 460nm, 7 Red 620nm, 6 Green 520nm – total 80 LEDs, 4000 lumens
- Modes: 2 modes – day and night
- Size: 30 inches – 80cm
- Ideal for: freshwater fish, cichlid, 20 long/29 gallon planted tanks with low-medium light plants.
The Beamswork DA FSPEC LED light is a perfect choice if you have freshwater fish, cichlid, and/or low-medium light aquatic plants in your aquarium. The light offers two modes with daylight and nightlight.
Compared to the previous light, this LED light provides a higher output of 4000 lumens for better plant growth. If you use this LED fixture for a 29 gallon planted tank, the light will provide approx 140 lumens per gallon of water that are strong enough to grow low-medium light demanding plants. See the guide.
Like other LED lights from Beamswork, the fixture is also pre-wired to work with an extra Beamswork timer (buy separately). The timer helps to control the light to follow a preset lighting cycle with day and night. This stimulates a natural rhythmical lighting cycle in your aquarium that is absolutely automatic and hands-free.
Nicrew LED aquarium light for fish-only tanks(5/5 by editor)Check on Amazon.com
- LEDs: 108 LEDs (90 white + 18 blue), 7500K, 920 lumens
- Modes: white LEDs for daylight and blue LEDs for nightlight
- Ideal for: freshwater or saltwater fish-only tanks, low-demanding plants
- Extendable brackets: 28-36″
- Warranty: one-year limited warranty
- In the box: an LED aquarium light, two extendable brackets, an adapter, a user’s manual.
The Nicrew LED aquarium light provides a very cheap and simple solution if you are finding something to light your fish-only tank.
This unit includes up to 108 long lasting and high-quality LEDs which provide an amazing shimmer effect for your fish tank. It offers two lighting modes, white LEDs for daylight and blue LEDs for nightlight. These super bright LEDs are also energy efficient and long-lasting thus you can be guaranteed that your unit will serve you for long.
This unit comes with two extendable brackets for perfectly fitting fish tanks from 28 to 36 inches in length. The adjustable metal brackets make it easy to setup. It’s recommended to set up the LED fixture over a clear glass hood, which will protect the light from steam.
Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Plus Light(5/5 by editor)Check on Amazon.com
- LEDs: 48 White 6500K and 24 RGB LEDs
- Modes: 6 preset colors for various freshwater tank types (community, cichlid, Betta, planted, goldfish, shrimp…) 4 memory slots for saving your own lighting colors, 12 dynamic modes
- Ideal for: most freshwater fish, low-medium light plants
- Extendable brackets: 24-36″.
The Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Plus comes with a 32-key remote control allowing you to fully customize its lighting colors to meet your needs.
The remote comprises of six optimized color presets, four memory buttons for saving your own custom colors, 12 dynamic effects and presets which comprise fading lunar, storm, cloud cover and much more. Based on the creatures you have in your aquarium, there are lighting modes pre-established for them.
The product comes with two docking mounts that are adjustable to fit perfectly on a wide range of aquarium sizes. It also comes with a 12V DC UL transformer for use with various power sources in different regions.
Finnex Planted+ 24/7 v2 LED light 30-inch(5/5 by editor)Check on Amazon.com
- LEDs: 29W, 36 Daylight + 20 Red + 28 RGB Cluster LEDs
- Modes: 24/7 free-hand lighting cycle, four customization colors, weather modes
- Size: 30 inch fixture with clear legs that can slide inwards
- Ideal for: 20 long/29 gallon planted tank.
The Finnex Planted 24/7 Automated Aquarium LED light gives some unique features you will benefit from. There are pre-establish lighting modes and a 24/7 lighting cycle that are pre-built and ready to use. Besides, you can build and save your own lighting colors to use at every time you want.
It comes with a remote control allowing to fully customize the light.
The 24/7 lighting cycle is the most wonderful thing to talk about this product. When this mode is active, it automatically switches between different lighting effects at different times and don’t need to be manually controlled by anyone.
The 24/7 lighting cycle feature starts with a cool lit dawn, which then transitions into a warm sunrise morning, to an intense color blazing high noon, to a red sun drowned sunset, and finishes with a starry night blue moonlight. You only need to set the correct time once before using this wonderful function.
Beside to the 24/7 feature, there are many preset lighting effects and weather modes available and ready to use with its remote control. These include sunny day, cloudy day, thunderstorm and moonlight effects. You can also create and store your own lighting colors in 4 memory slots (M1-4) on the remote control.
There are so many things to talk about this great product, more details here.
Finnex Stingray Aquarium LED Light(5/5 by editor)Check on Amazon.com
- LEDs: 7000K white, actinic blue and 660nm red LEDs
- Modes: white daylight
- Ideal for: fish only tanks, low-tech planted tanks, low light plants such as anubias, ferns, mosses
- In the box: a LED fixture, clear plastic legs, a pair of mounting clips.
The Finnex Stingray is another LED aquarium light that is perfectly suitable for 30-inch tanks. Three different LED colors from the light not only provide enough light for your fish but also make everything in your aquarium look more vigorously.
The Finnex Stingray also supports to grow low light aquatic plants making it a great choice for low-tech planted tanks. The 660nm RED High CRI scoring LEDs are proven to effectively support photosynthesis that helps your aquarium plants grow healthily.
It features a “pencil thin” design which provides it a simple and stylish approach to light a fish tank. It comes with clear plastic legs and a pair of mounting clips for easy setup. You can set up it atop your aquarium with clear plastic legs or attach the fixture inside your aquarium hood with a pair of mounting clips.
Finnex FugeRay Planted+ Aquarium LED light(4.5/5 by editor)Check on Amazon.com
- LEDs: 104 Daylight 7000K, 56 True Red 660nm, 8 Blue Moonlight LEDs
- Modes: daylight and moonlight
- Ideal for: 20 long/29 gallon planted tanks.
If you have more plants to care in your 20 long/29 gallon planted aquarium, the Finnex Planted+ may be what you are finding. It features TRUE 660nm RED LEDs that provide the most efficient wavelengths for photosynthesis activity, and thus maximizing plant growth.
It has 2 lighting modes (day and moonlit night) that can be turned on/off by separate switches. While the 660nm RED and 7000K LEDs provide a warmer white light at daytime, the Blue Moonlight LEDs create a cooler and more relaxing lighting effect at night. The LED light can spread an angle of 120-degrees allowing it to fully illuminate all aspects of your tank.
The fixture features an ultra slim design that make it fit very neatly on your tank so that viewers will rarely realize it’s there. The fixture are designed to act itself as a heat sync to allow ample cooling and heat dissipation, thus expanding LED bulb lifetime. All LED bulbs are very durable and built to last at least 40,000 hours.